Catalyst is a community of 20-somethings who desire to get to know Jesus better. We are marrieds and un-marrieds that have realized something radical: There can be no maturity or wholeness in the Christian life apart from an immersion in and embrace of community. We desire to be such a community.

We also want to have some fun along the way. Life can be hard but it doesn't need to be dreary. Come have fun with us and meet Jesus on the way.

Saturday, April 26, 2008

What is this anyways?

When I met Jesus I was in desperate need of change. I was addicted, lost, desperate and alone. I came to Jesus because I had no where else to go. That first summer (a long time ago ;) ) I got serious about following Jesus and my life changed. 11 years later change is still happening in me and I am still seriously following Jesus.

I have been a pastor at Faith Church almost a year and a half (my wife and I moved here from California). In the year and a half that I have been here I have seen dozens of young adults have the same experience with Jesus that I had. They meet him and there lives are no longer the same. Their stories are different from mine. Some were just lonely, others greedy, others addicted, others gay, and others just trying to get by. But the results are all the same: when we met Jesus....Everything changed.

This summer is about getting as many twenty-somethings to experience what we have experienced. This isn't some cute youth group, or just another bible study: we are a community that wants to meet the living Jesus. We want to be like him and have the life he had when he lived on the earth. We want to change.

If change is something you need; come hang out with us. More info: http://www.catalyst12.com/

No comments: