Catalyst is a community of 20-somethings who desire to get to know Jesus better. We are marrieds and un-marrieds that have realized something radical: There can be no maturity or wholeness in the Christian life apart from an immersion in and embrace of community. We desire to be such a community.

We also want to have some fun along the way. Life can be hard but it doesn't need to be dreary. Come have fun with us and meet Jesus on the way.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Encounter

Something I have in my history of following Jesus is a value of encountering Him in community. God is with us always, obviously. But there are moments when He seems closer, when His presence is clearly felt in a unique way in a community. Commonly when this happens revival breaks out.

We as a community are praying that God would pour out His Spirit on the Catalyst community this summer. We want revival--hundreds encountering Jesus in a powerful way. We aren't looking for Jesus tingles or weird experiences; we are looking for the power of God that enables us to change. We want to be like Him.

I have seen it in my life, I see it in many of the lives of those that I walk with, and it is my hope that you see it in your life this summer: the power of the living Jesus, the power to change your life.

No comments: